Anyone who wants to venture out on their own and discover Berlin at their own pace should do as the locals do – and ride a bike.
Berlin is ideally-suited to getting around on a bike. The city is more or less flat, without any major hills, there’s a thorough network of bike paths, and often, you can reach your destination faster by bicycle than you would riding the bus or the train.
If you ask us, people have enough restrictions and deadlines in their everyday lives, so why would you want to adhere to a fixed schedule when you’re on vacation, too? With a rented bike, you’ve got all the freedom in the world, and can plan your day exactly as you please. There are no required routes or arrival times, you just go with your inner clock.
So why should you explore Berlin on a bike?
- Be your own boss; you – and only you – give the directions
- The environment will thank you in the long-run
- Gets your heart pumping and is bound to do your health a world of good
- The abundance of bike paths makes cycling in Berlin a piece of cake
- No need to spend money on public transportation or parking fees
- You’ll always find a parking spot
Fat Tire Bike Rentals is one of the largest bike rental companies in Berlin, and has been providing its international clientele with bikes and street cruisers for 8 years running.
Of course, there are many bike rental companies in Berlin, but not all of them can claim:
- More than 500 bikes, so a shortage is extremely unlikely
- Two separate rental centers in the city, enabling you to rent your bike at one of them and return it to the other
- The “Beach Cruiser” models, equipped with broad saddles and wide tires, making them extremely comfortable and easy to ride
- City maps, helmets, and bike locks free of charge
- Open daily, March through December
- Knowledgeable personnel, armed with tons of useful tips and information
In addition, Fat Tire offers guided sightseeing tours in German, English (link to the bike tour profile if online), and Spanish. This way, you’ll not only get out and about on your bike, but can also get the low-down on the city’s history while you’re at it.
Book now with Oh-Berlin.com!
25 % off the first day’s rental
Be sure to reserve your accommodations now, and secure your special discounts, click here!
Save cold, hard cash with our Oh-Berlin.com Discount Card. Click here for further information!
Rental center Alexanderplatz:
Panorama Straße 1a, right next to the TV Tower (Fernsehturm) the small street on the right
March 1st to April 30th: 9:30 AM – 6:00 PM
May 1st to Sept. 30th: 9:30 AM – 8:00 PM
Oct. 1st to Nov. 30th: 9:30 AM – 6:00 PM
Dec. 1st to March 1st contact via e-mail is requested.
Rental center Bahnhof (train station) Zoo
On Hardenberg Platz
Same opening hours as the station at the TV Tower
Phone: +49 (0)30 24 04 79 91
German, English, Spanish, French, Italian and Dutch
Methods of payment
Cash or credit card (Visa, Mastercard, and AMEX)
Panorama Str. 1a,
Around the corner from the main entrance of the TV Tower (to the right)
How to get there
U-Bahn (Underground): Alexanderplatz U2 & U5 & U8
S-Bahn (Suburban Train): Alexanderplatz S3, S5, S7, S75
Tram: M2, M4, M5, M6
Bus: M48, 100, 200, 248
Hardenberg Platz 9-11
U-Bahn (Underground): U2 & U9
S-Bahn (Suburban Train): S3, S5, S7, S75
Bus: X9, X10, X34, 100, 109, 110, 200, 204, 245, 249, M45, M46, M49
- Reservations accepted only for groups of 8 persons or more
- Bikes rented for a period of more than one day do not need to be returned to the rental center. A passport or credit card number must be on file, for security purposes